Responsive Mobile Website Designs
adapt to fit the user's device
Potential customers are looking at your website with their mobile phones and tablets. Websites designed for viewing on a desktop computer won't fit into the smaller screen. The end result is that customers have to "pinch" and "squeeze" to try and read your information. Clicking menus and links that are simple with a mouse on a computer screen will be next to impossible with "fat" fingers on a tiny smartphone screen.
How hard will your customers work to view your page if they know they can hit back and get an easier, mobile, website site from your competition?
An Automatic Mobile Website Solution?
There are a number of automatic mobile website suppliers. You've probably gotten a phone call pitching one of these services. They "scrape" the content off your website and drop it into software that creates a cookie cutter mobile website.
A couple of problems with this solution:
- Updates to your site don't always show up on your "mobile" site.
- When viewed on a tablet device, mobile sites don't look right - but neither do desktop sites.
- You often pay a monthly fee to keep that service going.
And What Does Google Say?
Google now tailors the results for mobile users to feature sites that are "mobile ready." In other words, you may be front page for a desktop search but not listed until page 4 when users search on mobile.
Here's what Google has to say about Mobile Website Design: "Sites that serve all devices on the same set of URLs, with each URL serving the same HTML to all devices and using just CSS to change how the page is rendered on the device. This is Google’s recommended configuration." .
Responsive Mobile Website Design
"Responsive" website design checks with the user's device and asks "how big are you?" and then "responds" to deliver the right layout - exactly what Google wants.
- Users can use your site no matter what device they are on.
- Your pages always have the same url - which pleases Google (see above).
- Your content is consistent. If you change something, it shows up on all devices at the same time.
- No extra monthly fees for a second version of your site.
McColley Marketing Media creates awesome, responsive, mobile website design. Combined with the focused SEO, sales-driven content, and the award-winning Joomla Content Management System, your website will be ready to win you new customers for years to come. Call 480-704-4286 to get started.